Monday, December 06, 2004

My hands smell like onions

I like snow at night. I was reminded of this when I walked out of my garage after putting Verna in at 2 a.m. I closed the garage door and just stood there. It was bright. Everything was covered in a soft glow almost like those movies with fake night scenes. I stood in front of the closed garage door and tried to listen to the silence. It should have been one of those quite can’t-hear-a-thing nights but it wasn’t. There was noise but I convinced myself it was coming from my head.
I concentrated trying to make it quite and it almost worked. Focus on the far away sounds and they’re gone. It was beautiful. I looked around. I just wanted to stand their staring up.
Then the little voice in my head came and said I was crazy and the neighbours might be watching so I walked up to my house. Blinded by the motion sensor lights one attached to my garage and one near my back door. I found my keys, opened the door and was greeted by one open eye of a half asleep dog..

1 comment:

R. said...

And me watching you... oh no wait, you didn't see me seeing you!! :P

Stalk ya later!