Sunday, December 12, 2004

Close your eyes and you will see the best of me

Turns out I'm into hip-hop. Is that what They call it these days? Is rap different than hip-hop? Is rap the old not-so-anymore-cool name? At any rate I'm beginning to appreciate it (just like the semi-colon actually (did that make it sound like the semi-colon and I both enjoy hip-hop because I sure didn't mean it too. I now like the semi-colon. That's all I'm trying to say.) It just so happens the subject of this inspiring post was brought to you by the letter T and a rap...ahem hippidy-hop song I was listening to on cjsw. I don't just bee-bob around to the non-main stream stuff though; I listen to Vibe 98.5 too... stop rolling your eyes. I mostly listen in Verna (van, she's my van. This is the last time I explain). I bought Christmas presents today. It wasn't as bad as I remember it being. Maybe it's cause I went downtown to shop. *No one* shops down town. I spent A LOT of money and I didn't really get anything. Sure I did. Um. Our tree is lopsided. The trunk starts to veer off to the side at about the middle of the tree. I had "cremated chicken" for dinner tonight as my mommy called it. Oh yeah teehee:

Her: Can I help you find anything?
Me: Yeah actually I'm looking for Lesbians On Ecstasy
Her: Yeah, aren't we all.

Beautiful.
I was in HMV. It's a band.

Hoo boy, that made my day. When I went on the c-train home from the grand ol' shop-a-thon I sat down and quickly realized I was face to face with a pair of grey snow men on steroids. Dear lord! They were these slightly... ok more than slightly over weight couple. Wearing those used-to-be trendy over-stuffed snow jackets. Matching! Matching poofy jackets zipped as far up as possible with matching gloves and they were holding hands. It was disturbing. So poofy and they just sat there like little everything-is-normal poofs. Everything is not normal!

And I'm done.

5 comments:

R. said...

Lovely.

Daley said...

It's nice to hear that somebody else appreciates hip-hop. That's three of us now , if we include the semi-colon.

Meghan said...

HA HA. Woooo boy. That was good Daley. I love that little semi-colon.

Anonymous said...

A Christmas tree and christmas shopping, I'm so jealous. Its raining here and I'm reading about centrifuges...bleh.

Lisa said...

I appreciate hip-hop too... or do I not count because I have trouble using semi-colons?