Sunday, November 14, 2004

The song I've been trying to say

"I want something to munch on," she said to me. "Something empty."
I still don't understand. But I like it. I love readings things that are a bit "off".
We're not zombies yet! When everyone starts groaning in unison we should start to worry.
Maybe it's the hormones. But I want to cry.
I have a stomach ache that reaches to my throat. One of those nervous-could-throw-up but because of love stomach aches.
Really if I compare love to throwing up and stomach aches...Then what?
"and if the snows buries my, my neighbourhood. And if my parents are crying then I'll dig a tunnel form my window to yours, yeah a tunnel from my windows to yours. You climb out the chimney and meet me in the middle, the middle of the town...We let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know, then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow...You change all the lead sleepin' in my head to gold, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn, the song I've been trying to say," my new CD said.
The other day I was editing a restaurant review.
"'it’s like drinking innocence,' she sputtered."
I was so happy I had to read it again. Do people actually "sputter" things like that? Preparing to re-read I hoped, really hoped, that people do say things like that.
"'It’s like drinking incense,' she sputtered."
Never mind.

2 comments:

R. said...

If we get burried in a snow storm I'll dig a tunnel to ur house and we can get all hairy together... alright now I can't remember what ur post said, so this is probably stupid and pointless.

Empty=something that doesn't fill me up, but still gives me the satisfaction of munching.

Meghan said...

Never mind.