Tuesday, May 24, 2005

One

If you could change one thing about yourself or your surroundings to make your life just a little more manageable what would that one thing be?

Boxes. I’d get rid of all my damn boxes.

What sort of boxes?

All sorts. Big card board ones and cell phone boxes. Any kind of box.

What are in the boxes?

I don’t know. They’re probably empty.

Oh I see…

That’s what gets me; I’m crowding my apartment with empty useless boxes. I’ll never use them but I keep them because I think they’re important.

Wait a second. What do you mean ‘oh I see?’ You’re not going to start talking about how my empty boxes symbolize my empty lonely body or something are you? Cause I don’t like that shit.


What would you like to talk about?

Can I ask you a question?

Of course.

Lately, I’ve been reading about certain disorders.

What sort of disorders?

Ones like schizophrenia and obsessive compulsive disorder – that sort of thing. Anyway, a lot of the articles talk about a person doing weird things that seem to be normal but then those not so normal things build up over time to be something crazy. Like this one guy I read about was a little weird as a kid but then one day, he was in his late twenties, he just came home and started going all wacko and repeating things and pacing around the living room.

Do you think you have a disorder?

Na.

Anyway, so yesterday I was about to go to bed and I walked into my living room and a sock had fallen from the drying rack I have set up near my couch. I looked at it, acknowledged that I should hang it back up but then instead of just bending over I glared at it, turned away and went in to my bed room where I was heading to before I noticed the sock.

Wait, do you think I have a disorder?

No comments: