Tuesday, March 01, 2005

in the end



Dear Orange:

Why are you covered in wax?

After pealing one of your kind today I looked down at my hands to find my skin vandalized. Covered in what looked like small translucent fish scales.

Why must you be camouflaged? Why must you concern yourself with looking newer, fresher, younger, and more luscious – but on fake terms?

Everything is masked and I’m sick of it. I promise if the option is put out there I will happily eat a dull lopsided, but succulent, orange – I promise.

Please, just give me the opportunity to accept something real; Void of sparkling skin, firm outsides and that colour I now realise doesn’t really exist.

Is it about being judged? Because I will not judge you Orange.

I find it hard not to critique an orange that is hiding behind something it is not; Instead, I look harder for imperfections.

Fake is a turnoff – luscious honest insides are not.

I look forward to your truthful reply.

Love always,

M.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree... fruit + wax = not good

R. said...

hehehe Fish scales. I said that to you and u agreed.

STUPID SELFISH <-hehehe fish.. back to my angry...ORANGE! BASTARDS!

Anonymous said...

You judge me for wanting to look my best, but how is the makeup that you humans wear any different? To get by in your superficial world, we members of the fruit-community have been forced to take drastic measures, including dipping ourselves in wax. Believe me, this isn't a very pleasant thing for us either. And remember, some of my orange brothers are living on the fringe of our society and reject the waxes and poisons. I salute their bravery.

R. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dear M.

As for the wax problem, it is not something I can control. My evil masters are making it very dificult for me to excape.

Please send $1 for every Orange to:

Free Orange
1234 Orange St.
Orange County, Clifornia
90120

Thank you. Hopefully your donation will be able free myself and my siblings.

Sincerely,

Orange.

Anonymous said...

maybe the wax is there to protect the orange from going bad. no one likes a rotten orange.

Meghan said...

Jasmine?! is that you!? Miss. J.?