Saturday, January 01, 2005

new years eve doesn't agree with me

She stood in the middle of the field. Standing. Looking somewhere. At me? Just standing.
Slowly I rolled looking over hopeful for a reason. She can't just be standing frozen in the middle of a snow covered field.
Desperately I search the field. I stare at her. I stare around her.
Still rolling slowly I try not to slide into that parked car.
There! A white dog just as still as his owner. Looking at me too. Or in front of me?
In front of me.
Another dog. Thank God.
Rolling by slower than before. I hope she sees I'm paying attention now.
The grey dog is starring, still, motionless, not even a twitch.
Following his stare a pigeon standing under a tree her feet still on the birdseed covered snow. Staring back. Frozen.
I keep on rolling loose site of them in the rear and time starts again.
Weird.

1 comment:

Daley said...

Ok it doesn't really make any sense.