Friday, April 08, 2005

all of that time you thought I was sad/I was trying to remember your name


This lovely picture was not taken by me. It was taken by a certain someone named Carl. Posted by Hello

I want a roaring fire, a good book and a significant other. Today calls for all of those things. Rainy sleepy days like these always do.

Dear Santa:
I am writing you early this year because I just want to tell you that I’m still here. My lack of letters doesn’t mean I don’t care. I’ve discovered that I am one of those goats. Where ever I am the grass always looks greener on the other side. It gets tiring. I figure I need to see it all before I make my final decision. I have a repetitive personality at times, I think. I have to have all of one thing over and over and over again, instead of allotting myself healthy doses. I go from loving something like never before and then straight to feeling indifferent about it.

Santa do you think I’m vain?

Maybe I just have too much time to think. Or, maybe I just give myself too much time to think.

The phone rang just now and a calm cocky automated voice asked me if I was single and over 18. I pressed ‘0’ for yes. The response was a shrill beep and silence.

Well I should go. It was nice finally having the time to write to you Santa. Oh, I wouldn’t mind getting a roaring fire, a good book and a significant other. But I’m sure the weather and my mood will change tomorrow. So don’t worry about it. I’ll keep you posted.

Love.

2 comments:

R. said...

Would you mind asking Santa for a pony for me?... I don't know how good of a person I've been over the last year, so I want to make sure someone in his good books asks for me!

Thanks a bunndle!

Daley said...

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father now I must kill you. Remeber my name now??