Sunday, February 06, 2005

maybe I am maybe I'm not

I was working on Saturday, as per usual, and at around 3:00 p.m. an attractive woman peaked her head around the corner and said something about looking for me and wanting to see me near sesames. I told her I was allergic but maybe some salad would be nice - just no sesames. She agreed and I walked out and told Erin that I was going out to look for some greens. Erin didn’t even look at me, of course, for she was wrapped up in a man. I couldn’t see him but his voice seemed smooth enough that it might have engulfed me if it wasn’t for my new found friend and our mission. I don’t like phones anyway.

We walked out from the store and the people with their little tent were juggling bright orange balls advertising a new company. They seemed happy – a little too happy. “I wonder how much they’re getting paid?” my new friend asked. I was about to say “not enough” when the power went out just for a second or two but it was dark long enough for one of the company girls to be jarred out of her happy state and scream. At first a smile larger than life with orange balls rotating then suddenly changing to wide eyes, balls dropping and a shrill scream.

I don’t think we were under attack. I think she did.

Then the lights came on their pop music suddenly started up again and she sprang up like an almost forgotten puppet with a smile that looked like it hurt.

Pulling my eyes away from that girl I looked for that other girl, what was her name? – the sesame one. Anyway she was gone. No where close sells salads anyway.


Procrastinating like I’ve never procrastinated before…

Lines from blogs that make me smile…or just blogs that I read and the lines that come from them...

I feel as hot as an icecube in the fucking north pole. I don't think she heard me. Probably because I didn't say that out loud. Of course, this isn't possible since I live on the eighth floor and I don't know anybody that tall. He had disconnected the computer from all of the peripherals and threw it in the firepit in the back yard, where he proceeded to beat it to bits with a sledge hammer. Still broke still fucking sane. Snap your fingers you smelly beatniks.


3 comments:

R. said...

I'm FAMOUS!

Fat Free Milk said...

Coo Coo.

R. said...

I send you Yoga Vibes!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
^
|
Those are the vibes!

Hope ur having fun at yoga. I'm watching you!! :)
I'm a good friend. U didn't even have to ask me to send u those vibes!! I RULE!