Thursday, November 24, 2005

You rock my socks...


"Did I just talk for 10 minutes about my feet insulators?" he asked.

"Yeah I think you did," I replied. "It's OK though it was a good story."

Who knew Styrofoam cups and a knife could create something so helpful.

"What fresh hell is this," my mother hissed over to us.

She was referring to the relatively crazy woman who choose to sit beside her at the David Suzuki speech last night. My mom attracts the crazies. The woman kept asking for pens and talked about her personal life accomplishments.

I couldn't stop laughing. “Where did you come up with a line like that?” I asked.

"It was in a Dilbert cartoon," she slyly replied.

Before the unfortunate sitting down of that woman my mom was telling my dad and I another one of her yoga stories.

“So he was telling us to be aware of our aches and pains and our bodies and our organs and then suddenly a little voice in my head popped up and said ‘hellooo liver.”

As we walked home in the warm darkness we discussed our favourite bits of the night.

"My favourite quote from tonight is 'I am the environment and so are you. I am air and so are you. If I am air and you are air then I am you' oh and 'what fresh hell is this.'"

How can something so little be so fierce?

No comments: