Wednesday, August 18, 2004

One


I have created a new Zen. The Zen of Shit.
The first step to enlightenment is awareness. Awareness that you are taking shit...from someone (a job, person, group of people, or whatever).
I don't know what comes after awareness. I'm still on the first step.

In related news I'm beginning to despise my job...a bit more. Every time new giant guy walks by me I have to sneeze because he stinks of smoke and loneliness. It’s true! He reeks of someone I don't want to become. Not that I know him very well. He seems jolly with a slight anger management problem, a major addiction, and he slurps cold cheap noodles for lunch. I guess that doesn’t sound that bad. I just don't want to be lonely and I guess I'm not a fan of cold noodles either.
I don’t want to stay put and have the same constant job with the same constant life. I want to be ever-changing and always looking forward to something new every....4 months. My 4 months are almost up. Change is coming. HA! Says who!?
It’s like in some movies where the audience is told the character is due for some change. Nothing has happened in a long time so the character knows something is about to. The change builds up like a storm or a surprise party would (or something…oh I don’t know…anyway) And then change happens. Wonderful, “I told you so”, change.
We all can feel change. But the amazing change we are sure is about to explode in our faces never does.
I really really really might want change or think it’s damn well time for some. But mysterious change never leaps up and says "AHHA! I bet you knew I was coming! Now come with me! For you, good change starts now."

1 comment:

Daley said...

That reminds me of the movie where the person gets kidnapped but then nobody ever got kidnapped because it was the wrong movie but it was good anyway.